I had the chance to talk to a friend who went through my same procedure within the past year. It was good to hear from someone who has been down that road. He also shared with me "the things they don't tell you" which added some new information and confirmed some things I already knew.
One of my biggest fears about recover was allayed somewhat. I'll get more details on Thursday when I go in for pre-op consultation, but several weeks ago when the nurse said not to sit up for more than 30 minutes at a time for 6 weeks, I interpreted that to mean 30 minutes a day. I think I took it further than intended.
Last week the Leadership Team (pastors and deacons) at my church (Faith) prayed over me for healing, recovery, and peace. It is humbling knowing that I cannot do everything on my own and need help both temporally and eternally. Being offered help and having the option of taking it or declining it is easy. Humbling oneself and asking for help is harder. Asking God who knows all things is not intimidating. Asking friends who look you in the eye is humbling. Thanks Team and others for rallying round.
Thursday I get the rundown from the hospital and anesthetist on what I need to do preparing for surgery and recovery. More details on what to expect. Thinks are progressing and I like being there rather than just waiting for calendar pages to turn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment