Yesterday I went for my post-op follow up. Two good things there. The cathater is out and that makes me feel much more normal. It's the little things that add up.
The great news was that the biopsay showed that all of the cancer was encapsulated in the prostate with no cancer in "the margins". The type of cancer had not changed since my November biopsy as well. It is the the best possible senerio I chould have. If my prostate was an orange in the refrigerator, the rotten part was only in the pulp and had not reached the rind or extended to the rest of the food in the refergerator. Everything is inside the orange and we've throw it away.
At this point there is nothing left to treat. We will continue to monitor blood levels, but no treatments planned or needed. Greatly relieved.
Yesterday was the day I was looking to in my journey -- knowing for sure how far the cancer had or had not progressed. Last night at the Good Friday service at my church we sang the following old hymn:
When peace like a river attends my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, You have taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
That has been my journey. I have experinced the peace and deep sorrow. Yesterday could have brought either deeper peace or deep sorrow. Yet in all my soul is at rest.
Thank you all for your prayers, word of support, and kind thoughts. I've a few more hurdles to get over, but the big one is behind me now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so very happy to hear of your good news! Keep encouraging men to get their check-ups. I know most of them avoid it like the plague but it can save so much pain and heartache later on.
ReplyDelete